Friday, February 26, 2010

Hospital Trip

We are better now but unfortunately poor D ended up in the hospital because his RSV turned into pneumonia. He just got worse and worse and finally on Sunday he wouldn't do anything...we just laid him down on the couch and he stayed for hours. I called the nurse hotline and we counted his breathing and he was borderline at 50 breaths per minute so we made an appt for the next morning. Then by late afternoon his breathing went up to 67 times per minutes so we were off to the hospital. His oxygen levels were low enough that they wanted to admit him and keep him for a minimum of 24 hrs.

Being in the hospital is the pits! We went to the ER at 6pm and at around 8pm they said they were going to admit him...then we didn't get placed in a room till 2 am. Ugh....of course D did not fall asleep till then. Thank Goodness for a great nurse that convinced me it was ok to leave him with her while I went in moved my car....it was still in the drop off parking spot. Once I left she said she just told him to lay down and he fell asleep in 30 secs. Isn't that what always happens....I try and try and try and get frustrated and someone else steps in and it works. Thank goodness she convinced me to let her have him or we would have been up all night.

I hope we are past the illness now and can get back to our routines. I can't stand being cooped up in the house.

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know you are reading. Please feel free to say hello.